CONDITIONS OF HIRE:
- The customer shall direct the driver where to deposit the container. The driver is, for this purpose, the agent of the customer.
- The customer undertakes that they have lawfully obtained every necessary authority of license from the local authority, which may be required in connection with the use of the container supplied under this contract.
- If the customer requires the vehicle to leave the public highway to deliver/collect the container or aggregate, they shall (by doing so) fully indemnify us in respect of any loss, cost, claim. Damages or expenses resulting in injury, loss, damage to property or the vehicle itself. This applies to the property of the customer or any third parties. The customer is responsible for any damage to footpaths, drains, water and electrical supplies when the customer instructs our vehicle to leave the road to deliver/collect container or aggregate.
- The customer shall be fully responsible for the container whilst the said container is on hire. The customer shall be responsible for the cost of any damage to the container (except for fair wear and tear) or any claim resulting from injury to a person resulting from the use of the container.
- The customer shall provide adequate warning lights on the container if the same is left on the public highway or wherever else is likely to cause damage to property or injury to third parties during the hours of darkness. They shall also ensure the safe loading of the material into the container. Rubbish must not be burnt in or near the container, and the container should not be loaded above the sides.
- The customer is responsible for making sure the container is appropriately and safely loaded. Suppose the driver considers the container to be overloaded or loaded in such a way as to be a hazard. In that case, the driver will either unload the excess items or leave the container for the customers’ attention.
- The Maximum period of hire is two weeks. The collection is at the customers’ request. We reserve the right to charge extra rental after two weeks. We reserve the right to collect container when we see fit after the second weeks hire period has ended.
- Maximum load level with the top of the skip.
No Asbestos, Engine oil, Fridges, Freezers, Liquids, Chemicals, Fire Extinguishers.
No Televisions/ Computer monitors.
No Household food waste to be deposited in the skip.
- NO SEALED GAS CONTAINERS. DO NOT POUR PAINT INTO THE SKIP. PLACING THESE ITEMS INTO THE SKIP MAY RESULT IN EXTRA CHARGES, RETURN OF SKIP OR REFUSAL TO COLLECT.
Maximum legal weight – 8 ton per skip.
Heavy building waste, soil, clay and concrete are unsuitable for 10- and 12-yard skips. These waste types require a skip size no larger than 8 yards.
NO OVERLOADING OF SKIPS – NO ASBESTOS – NO CHEMICALS, NO PAINT
DO NOT MOVE THE SKIP ONCE PLACED FIRE DAMAGE IS CHARGEABLE.
THE FOLLOWING WASTE ITEMS ARE CHARGED AS AN EXTRA :
MATTRESSES – £20
CAR TYRES OFF RIM – £5
CAR TYRES ON RIM – £10
Book your skip
To find out more about our skip sizes, get expert advice on choosing a skip for your project
or ask any other questions not listed, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today.
Frequently asked questions
Here we have a list of the most common questions we are asked when hiring a skip. If your question is not answered here, do feel free to call us for advice or guidance.
Simpson Skip Hire Ltd opening hours:
- Weekdays 7 am – 7 pm
- Saturdays 7 am – 1 pm
- Sundays Closed
Areas that we cover:
Our service covers all of East London and much of Essex, including Romford, Barking, Hornchurch, Dagenham, Ilford and the surrounding areas. We can reach most of Romford, Ilford and East London on the same day, so just give us a call.
You are free to decide in advance how long you need it, but our standard hire terms are up to 14 days per skip. We are however very flexible and if you would like your skip to be collected early or to extend your hire we can arrange this for you.
We have 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 cubic yard skips available. Please call us and we’ll be happy to advise based on your project plans.
We take most waste and recycle as much as we can. However, we cannot take hazardous waste, which includes: asbestos, paints and solvents, oils, tyres, gas bottles, fridges, freezers, TVs or monitors, air conditioning units, fluorescent tubes or light bulbs, gas bottles, medical waste, vehicle batteries and toxic waste.
As part of our service we will arrange your skip permit for you.